17 Jan Black Vanilla is Hiring – PR Account Manager.
Thanks to new client wins, we are looking for an experienced PR Account Manager to join our growing team.
Black Vanilla helps organisations build and manage their reputation, reach and relationships.
We would expect our Account Manager to be a current member of the PRCA or CIPR and to be proactive with their continual professional development.
We would expect our Account Manager to have at least five or six years of PR experience, either working in an agency or within an in-house PR team. UK agency experience is highly desirable.
These skills are mandatory for our Account Manager:
- Brilliant verbal and written communication
- A demonstrable understanding of public relations strategies and their role in reputation management
- A keen interest in the media and social media, with an understanding of how the modern media landscape operates
- Creativity and strategic thinking
- Strong copywriting skills, writing for online and print publications and in a variety of formats include blogs, articles, press releases, advertising and marketing copy
- Commercially aware and business savvy
- Thorough understanding of the Channel Islands business community
- Solid computer and project management skills
- First-class organisational skills, managing multiple projects and client accounts
- Very customer service focused with excellent client management expertise
Day to day, our Account Manager will:
- Manage a portfolio of clients’ PR accounts
- Provide strategic PR counsel to clients
- Implement PR campaigns that include media relations, social media, events, stakeholder management, CSR, sponsorship and reputation management tactics
- Contribute to new business pitches, write pitch documents and develop relationships with potential clients
- Develop creative ideas and contribute to brainstorms
- Build relationships with key media contacts in the Channel Islands and the UK
- Counsel clients regarding their press campaigns, creative projects and PR solutions
- Liaise with the media, speaking to journalists and other members of the press
- Research, plan and implement PR campaigns from concept through to final reporting
- Analyse campaigns and write reports
- Manage and mentor at least one Account Executive and their day-to-day work
Qualifications and Experience
Graduates with relevant degrees in media or public relations are preferred, along with PR qualifications from the PRCA or CIPR. However, relevant work experience in public relations is more important, along with a demonstration of the skills highlighted in the job description. Agency experience is preferred.
If this sounds like a good opportunity for you, please get in touch. Send your CV to email@example.com