This data collection statement explains:
- what information we collect during our application and recruitment process;
- the relevant lawful processing condition for use of that information;
- how we use that information; and
- how long we will retain your information.
Types of information we collect
This statement covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by Black Vanilla during the application or recruitment process including:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- your resumé or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- information from interviews and screenings you may have, if any;
- details of the type of employment you are currently enjoying or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages or other job preferences;
- details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as information about your citizenship and/or nationality and medical or health information;
- reference information and/or information received from background or criminal records checks (where applicable) , including information provided by third parties; and/or
- information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Black Vanilla and/or any previous employment history with Black Vanilla.
Lawful processing condition
The processing of personal data throughout the recruitment process will be necessary for and as a result of steps taken by yourself with a view to entering into an employment contract with Black Vanilla. The only exception would be where there exists a legal obligation on Black Vanilla.
How we use information we collect
Your information will be used by Black Vanilla for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process that includes:
- assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background or criminal records checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Black Vanilla;
- complying with applicable laws, regulations or other legal duties;
- Black Vanilla may also use service providers acting as data processors on Black Vanilla’s behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of shortlisting, verification and or background or police checks;
- all your information will be considered confidential. Black Vanilla will not use or disclose your information except as provided for in this statement or if disclosure is required to fulfil a legal obligation; and
- it is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to Black Vanilla.
Retention of your information
- Black Vanilla will retain your information for the following periods:
- if unsuccessful for the role(s) you have applied for, 6 months after receipt of your initial application; or
- if interviewed for a post, 12 months from our last contact with you. Information retained for this period will include interview notes, interview questions and answers and any other relevant information supplied by you;
- if you are offered and accept employment with Black Vanilla, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
If you have any questions in relation to this notice please contact our Data Privacy Manager by phone by calling Black Vanilla’s main switchboard number or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org