Black Vanilla is Hiring a PR Account Manager!
Thanks to new client wins, we are looking for an experienced PR Account Manager to join our growing team.
The Account Manager role is a challenging one. Successful Account Managers will support Account Directors and senior staff, carry out campaign work whilst also overseeing and managing junior staff. They are the glue that holds an agency structure together.
We would expect our Account Manager to have at least five years of PR experience, either working in an agency or within an in-house PR team, and have a PR or media related qualification. UK agency experience is highly desirable. They will be passionate about the PR profession and will be keen to develop their career in the agency.
This position is a great opportunity for a Senior Account Executive who is ready to step up to the next challenge.
These skills are mandatory for our Account Manager:
- A demonstrable understanding of public relations strategies and their role in reputation management
- Brilliant verbal and written communication
- A keen interest in the media and social media, with an understanding of how the modern media landscape operates and interplays with social media and SEO
- Creativity and strategic thinking
- Strong copywriting skills, writing for online and print publications and in a variety of formats include blogs, articles, press releases, advertising and marketing copy
- Commercially aware and business savvy
- Thorough understanding of the Channel Islands business community
- Solid computer and project management skills
- First-class organisational skills, managing multiple projects and client accounts
- Very customer service focused with excellent client management expertise
- Experience of working as part of a team, with media contacts and with external partners
- Some experience of managing junior staff, overseeing workload and budgets, and quality control of output
The Account Manager will work under the supervision of an Account Director or Agency Director and assist with managing junior staff, working within both the Consumer & Community and Corporate teams
Day to day, our Account Manager will:
- Manage a portfolio of clients’ PR accounts under an Account Director(s) which may include consumer, third-sector or corporate organisations
- Manage and mentor at least one Account Executive and their day-to-day work
- Provide strategic PR counsel to clients and respond to their day-to-day enquiries regarding their press campaigns, creative projects and PR solutions
- Attend client meetings, manage meeting agendas and follow up
- Implement PR campaigns that include media relations, social media, events, stakeholder management, CSR, sponsorship and reputation management tactics
- Write copy for clients and Black Vanilla blogs
- Film and edit video content to support campaigns
- Contribute to new business pitches, write pitch documents and develop relationships with potential clients
- Develop creative ideas and contribute to brainstorms
- Build relationships with key media contacts in the Channel Islands and the UK
- Liaise with the media, speaking to journalists and other members of the press
- Research, plan and implement PR campaigns from concept through to final reporting
- Analyse campaigns and oversee monthly reports and coverage tracking
Graduates with relevant degrees in media or public relations are preferred, along with PR qualifications from the PRCA or CIPR. However, relevant work experience in public relations is more important, along with a demonstration of the skills highlighted in the job description. Agency experience is preferred.
If this sounds like a good opportunity for you, please get in touch. Send your CV to email@example.com